This Saturday, March 25th, the bays of Pollença and Alcudia will host the first edition of the Schauinsland Swimrun Mallorca. A competition that combines swimming and running in the unequalled environment of the Serra de Tramuntana, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The competition consists of a total of 28.8km, of which 23.3km are running plus 4.7km of swimming in the tranquil waters of Port Alcudia.
During the competition, approximately 70 athletes from Germany, United Kingdom and different parts of Spain will be able to surpass themselves in the incredible environment, one of the most beautiful places in the world, between the bay of Pollença and the bay of Alcudia. One of the peculiarities of this race, besides the beautiful scenery of the surroundings, is that it can be done individually or in pairs, which makes it even more special.
The event, organised by Club Esportiu Garden Hotels, will start at the Alcudia Market Promenade at 8:00 am, and the finish line will be on the beach of Port Alcudia (at the Beach Garden Aparthotel).
The official sponsor of this competition is the German tour operator Schauinsland-Reisen, one of the most important German tour operators with a major presence in Mallorca. Other collaborators include: Head, world leading manufacturer and marketer of sports equipment and sports apparel of the highest quality, Garden Hotels and Sportters (the latter the sporting brand of Garden Hotels), Viratge Esports, Ajuntament de Alcudia, Patronat Municipal de Alcudia, Megasport, Bimont Alcudia and Evasion Running.
- It is very important that every participant knows the official regulation of the race, and that consists of these points:
- Participants must bring the required material during the race, as there will be controls during the course of the race.
- Failure to comply with this point will lead to disqualification from the team automatically.
- The two team members must remain together, no more than 10 metres apart at all times.
- All participants are required to assist any participant in an emergency and to notify the organisation.
- Any buoyancy or propulsion aid system must have a maximum size of 100cm x 60cm, and be carried at all times throughout the race, from the start to finish.
Garden Hotels is faithful to its commitment and has wanted to be present in this competition. This is why the Alcudia Garden Hotel is the official hotel of the race and welcomes all participants. Located next to the S’Albufera Natural Park, only 80 metres from the beach of Port Alcudia, this complex is made up of 276 apartments, double rooms and suites equipped with modern services, a design adapted to all types of guests and versatile areas ideal for sharing. In addition, the hotel offers a special diet for sportsmen, gym and the best personalised service.